IMI - Instituttet for Merkantil Informasjon as
P.O. Box 1617 Kilen,
NO-3206 Sandefjord, Norway
Phone: +47 33 61 24 14
(Dun & Bratstreet rating AAA)
Our publishing house has since 1971 specialized in shipping and offshore literature. The IMI purchasing directories have for several years been available both as digital editions and as databases for use in PC networks. Being a pioneer in using electronic tecnology for the distribution of purchasing directories, IMI has, as the first Norwegian publishing house, adapted the Internet technology for distribution of Maritime Directories.
The directories will supply you with detailed information on companies that offer high quality products and services to the international maritime industry
- Maritime Directories since 1976
- Maritime Directories on disks since 1986
- Maritime Directories on CD-roms since 1994
- Maritime Directories on the Internett since 1996
- Implementation av Outline Specifications from "TBL Marine", "Maritimt Forum" and "Norwegian Shipowners Association" - 1998
- CEO Erling Riisnaes got ERFA Award from the Norwegian Trade Council in Recognition of Outstanding Contribution to the development of Norwegian Maritime Trade
- IMI Online - visualising the IMI-Supplier and Product Information with direct connection to the SYX Purchase Systems within The Aker/Kvaerner Ships and Offshore Yards and Companies in 2003
- Visualising the IMI-Supplier and Product Information in the Ships Maintenance Management Systems. Pilot with Xantic AS arranged - 2004.
- E-commerce. Pilot with Haram Elektro AS (member of The Aker-group) - 2004
- IMI Online - Visualising The IMI-Supplier and Product Information in other Maritime Portals in 2005
- Pilot Project within E-commerce and Outline Specifications - 2005/2007
- The publishing rights to www.seadirectory.com and the directories "Scandinavian Ship Owners", "Where to Build - Where to Repair" and "Norwegian Offshore Index" taken over from Selvig Publishing AS (established 1936) - 2008
- Jotron Consultas AS make a linksystem in their intern purchasing and maintenance systems which allows their customers to connect directly to the individual suppliers sites in www.imionline.no. The links make it possible to transfer information directly from www.imionline.no to the customers purchase program.
- www.marine-system.no launched on the Internet 2008
- CEO Erling Riisnaes Chairman of the Board in the Association of Norwegian Maritime Exporters (NME) - 2009-2011
- www.imionline.no moved and the name changed to www.maritime-suppliers.com - 2009
- CEO Erling Riisnaes member of the Board in Maritimt Forum - 2009-2011